I LOVE comments. Please leave some even if they are brief half-formed ideas
that you aren't even sure you really believe. I just love comments.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Psalms 111-118

Psalm 111 - the glory of the Lord is everlasting
Psalm 112 - the glory of the Lord strikes fear in evil hearts
Psalm 113 - YHWH is lord of all nations; he makes the motherless child feel as good as one with children.
Psalm 114 - YHWH is so powerful natural forces like rivers, seas and mountain flee from YHWH
Psalm 115 - YHWH is way better than stupid idols
Psalm 116 - I cried out and God helped me
Psalm 117 - All nations praise YHWH
Psalm 118 - God endures forever; particular within the house of Aaron.

What interested me, is that both Psalm 115 and 118 reference the "House of Aaron."  Biblegateway.com teaches me that it is a phrase also used in Psalm 135.  And of course, we know that Aaron sneaks into the list of houses of Israel at the end of First Chronicles 27:6-22. 

NIB Commentaries aren't particularly interested in this.  Google searching is difficult because the phrase refers to a movement associated with the Church of the Latter Day Saints.



No comments: