I LOVE comments. Please leave some even if they are brief half-formed ideas
that you aren't even sure you really believe. I just love comments.

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Ex. 25-27 (tabernacle)

This is quite a foreign passage to me.  I say that relative to other Christians who might read it.  To me, this promotes the importance of creating beautiful, extravagant works on earth to celebrate the Divine.  Visiting the Sistine Chapel haunts my soul; that is the kind of awe I suspect that is being created by the descriptions contained herein.

That said, I can relate to needing to put away all of your holy things and move on.  That was my church experience for nearly a decade.  On the one hand, that is trivial compared to the care for the tabernacle.  On the other hand, Chalice Christian Church is precious to me and the experience of creating and dismantling a holy space is known to me.

Yards of fine clothe and gold plating exotic wood is less known to me.

No comments: