I LOVE comments. Please leave some even if they are brief half-formed ideas
that you aren't even sure you really believe. I just love comments.

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Day 62 (Citizenship)

[reaction to One Year Bible's July 6-8 readings]

Well, I finished 2 Kings in the last reading and so took advantage of 1 Chronicles' extensive the sons of X are A through ZZ sections in order to cover some ground quickly and catch back up. It is worthwhile to note the source of a recent Prayer of Jabez phenomena. It falls right in the middle of these lists of names, although it is not the only such mini-story.

More intriguing to me is Paul elevate his appeal of poor treatment by virtue of his elevated status. He was a Roman citizen. First the high priests came after him when he makes this non-admission.
However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.
Then he is before the local Roman authority and finally appeals all the way to Caesar himself. We again read about Roman authorities who find no crime committed by the Christian ala Pilate. We get one gem: "For I think it is unreasonable to send a prisoner without specifying the charges against him," Acts 25:27 (evidently no military tribunals in Rome). Full story here.

No comments: