I LOVE comments. Please leave some even if they are brief half-formed ideas
that you aren't even sure you really believe. I just love comments.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Frustrating

Here is what one website says about JEPD understanding of the authorship of the Bible. "JEDP Theory is a popular academic idea with several lines of weak and unimpressive evidence. Though it enjoys support from a wide range of scholars and remains the accepted theory of the authorship of the Pentateuch, it sits on a poorly constructed foundation and need not be accepted."

Ug. All facts are theories now. I wanted to post something quick about this, but a google search revealed only fundamentalist christianists "debunking" the very strong academic research into the source of scripture. I guess I'll have to post again about it when I have time to find something from a respected source that has fewer hits.

No comments: