I LOVE comments. Please leave some even if they are brief half-formed ideas
that you aren't even sure you really believe. I just love comments.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A message from God!


God asks you to stand up and plead your case, to let the world hear what you have to say. Indeed, God has made a case against you; God is lodging a charge against Chalice Christian Church, saying, "My people, what have I done to you? How have I burdened you? Answer me. You no longer wander from one rented space to another; you have land and a building to call your own. My people, remember your journey, and the righteous acts of God."

You may ask, “What should I give to God: my tithes, my time, my talents? Will God be pleased with thousands of dollars or thousands of hours? Do I need to neglect my family and friends and personal time to atone for my past apathy?”

The truth is, God has shown you what is good. And what does God require of you? To act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Chalice Justice Ministries will meet for the first time tonight at 7:00 p.m. at Chalice Christian Church, 15303 South Gilbert Road, Gilbert, AZ 85296 (480.227.1442) chaliceoffice@gmail.com.

4 comments:

Matt Dick said...

I don't want to be a downer, but the logo you have there always puts me in mind of Soviet-era propaganda artwork, but more overtly threatening. Like maybe skinhead graffiti.

In order to make this constructive--the logo is really off-putting for me.

JimII said...

Well, that's an enormous downer, but a necessary one before I start making t-shirts.

I was going for a fight the power theme, but not skinhead graffiti.

damn.

Matt Dick said...

I'm sorry, now I feel bad. I wanted to give an impression, since it was pretty strong, but I didn't want to be a downer.

Josh said...

Shepard Fairey is the current king of propaganda. I was a fan long before the Obama image, and instantly recognized it as his work. Try to steal from him. He's the best.

http://obeygiant.com/