I LOVE comments. Please leave some even if they are brief half-formed ideas
that you aren't even sure you really believe. I just love comments.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Regional Assembly: Church on the Margins

Over the weekend, Rev. Carlos Cardoza-Orlandi delivered a message titled "Church on the Margins." The message focused on Peter's famous dream to "kill and eat," a wonderful passage that is the basis for Christianity not being confined to a particular ethnic group, available here. Rev. Cardoza-Orlandi focused on the questions Peter asked. It reminded me of Chalice's slogan, "Where questions are as important as answers." Originally it was "Where questions are more important that answers." Hearing the message at assembly I think we should have stuck to that. In a world that changes as rapidly as ours, I suspect the most important thing for relevance, the most important thing for survival is to make sure you are asking the relevant questions.

No comments: