I LOVE comments. Please leave some even if they are brief half-formed ideas
that you aren't even sure you really believe. I just love comments.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Death

About a week before my father died, I pledged to be more disciplined about blogging. It has now been just over seven weeks since his passing, and I thought it might be time to return to the hobby. But, I want to capture some bits and pieces in this format. I have found a way to capture an interview dad gave to Ball State. I linked to it before, but this version should stay up if Ball State removes it from its website.
video
Okay more later.

2 comments:

Matt Dick said...

I've enjoyed this video before, and given my current circumstance, it has perhaps more meaning.

Glad you're back, I'm looking forward to getting back to it.

Josh Gentry said...

I like the way he sounds. His voice, his diction. He's talking about his own experience but I almost sense he's trying to comfort those listening to him.

The best book, period, that I've read in a long time is, _The Undertaking_. The tone of this video reminds me of it.I just discovered much of it is readable on Google Books.

The Undertaking: Life Studies from the Dismal Trade, by Thomas Lynch