I LOVE comments. Please leave some even if they are brief half-formed ideas
that you aren't even sure you really believe. I just love comments.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Something on Gonzales v. Carhart

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/06pdf/05-380.pdf

There's some stuff here that is out of the scope of my blog regarding stare decisis and stability of the law. For what its worth, I think that stuff is probably less alarming that it will be made out to be.

What am I, as a Christians, to make of this decisions? It values the potential life of a fetus above the health of a woman. I find this tyranny to be wicked because it devalues people I love. I believe my daughter's health is worth more than a potential life.

I have scriptural explanations for why the Christian Right and the Catholic Church are wrong to say life begins at conception. But, that is not why I believe this is evil. It really is about making our daughters, and wives, and mothers, and friends subcitizens.

No comments: