I LOVE comments. Please leave some even if they are brief half-formed ideas
that you aren't even sure you really believe. I just love comments.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

I support the President's Immigration Policy

You can read it here:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/immigration/

Now, it has the standard obnoxious stuff about putting "securing the border" first on the list. So silly. There is a limit on how effective this can be. In fact, as permability approaches zero, the number of undocumented immigrants approaches 50% of the current level because that is how many are here by over staying legal visas.

But the President's plan is a good one because it is comprehensive, and it recognizes that those who come here are not evil. Surely, President Bush and I would ultimately differ on what kind of wage is acceptable, and how many visas that could lead to citizenship versus visas that are only temporary are needed. But, I am happy to support this plan.

No comments: