I LOVE comments. Please leave some even if they are brief half-formed ideas
that you aren't even sure you really believe. I just love comments.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Life & Death Decision

There is a silly notion that believing in God is safer than not. It reminds me of the story, probably untrue, about some conqueror having priest from every faith in his court, just to be safe. Obviously, it there is a single right faith you wont be "covered" by trying to adhere to it among the many others.

But if there is not God, if spiritual faith is foolishness, than those of us who devote our lives to professing it have wasted our lives. And that is of tremendous significance.

The point is, I don't lightly practice my faith. I'm making a commitment that has consequences. Not afterlife consequences, I have no idea what afterlife means or is, but this life consequences.

No comments: